Inter Milan and Chelsea have agreed on a loan deal for striker Romelu Lukaku to return to Inter Milan, Belgian re-joined Chelsea last summer for a club-record fee but scored only eight Premier League goals. In the next week, Lukaku will have his medical.
- A medical examination is expected next week before he returns to “San Siro”.
- After selling Lukaku to Chelsea for £97.5m, Inter needs only to finalize the deal in order to welcome him back.
- A loan deal totaling £10.3 million, which is formed of a £6.9 million loan fee plus £3.4 million in bonuses, was agreed between the two clubs.
- As part of his exit plan, Lukaku has agreed to take a 30-percent pay cut, which will reduce his earnings from £10 million to £7 million after taxes. Inter will pay him all his wages.
- In recent weeks, Lukaku’s lawyer Sebastian Ledure and Inter head executive Giuseppe Marotta have negotiated several rounds over the past few weeks.
- Last season, Lukaku scored only eight Premier League goals in 26 appearances after being resigned by the club for a club record transfer fee.